Durgapuja Festival Tour Programs
Durga Puja festival marks the battle of goddess Durga with the shape-shifting, deceptive and powerful buffalo demon Mahishasura, and her emerging victorious. Thus, the festival epitomises the victory of good over evil, but it also is in part a harvest festival that marks the goddess as the motherly power behind all of life and creation. During this festival the major activities of the people are family and other social gatherings, shopping and gift-giving, feasting, pandal-visiting, exploring lighting decorations, participating on cultural events, experience idol immersion etc.
Puja Dates of 2023
- Mahalaya – Will Be Announced Soon
- Panchami – Will Be Announced Soon
- Sasthi – Will Be Announced Soon
- Saptami – Will Be Announced Soon
- Ashtami – Will Be Announced Soon
- Nabami – Will Be Announced Soon
- Dashami – Will Be Announced Soon
Based on traditional & modern Durga Pujas, organised Tours can be arranged during the festival. You may love the pandal hopping or simply visit famous households / jamindar palaces where you can experience the interesting rituals of Durgapuja. We can visit nearby or far villages of Bengal with good guides & escorts. Some of the trips are as follows.
Click on the link for Tour Description, Date of Journey & Ticket (Seat) Availability
There are many interesting rituals happen during Durga Puja festival. The practice of including a bundle of nine different plants, called nabapatrika, as nature’s symbolism of Devi Durga, is a testament practice to its agricultural importance. The festival opens at twilight with prayers to Devi Saraswati, the Hindu goddess of knowledge, wisdom, music, poetry, independent thought, inner knowing and creativity. The puja rituals are long and complicated. Three days of Mantras (words for spiritual transformation), Shlokas (verse) Chants & Arati (prayer) and offerings are made, which include Vedic chants and multiple recitations of the Devi Mahatmya text in Sanskrit. You can explore the interesting rituals as Bodhan, Adhibash, Sandhi Pujo, Sindur Khela, Bisharjan and others.
Reservation: Khorlo Tours & Travels (Private) Ltd
- Approved Domestic Tour Operator of Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- Registered with Department of Tourism, Government of West Bengal.
- AMA of West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation (WBTDC)
- Benfish-in-Tourism Lodges (Approved by Dept. of Fishery, Govt of West Bengal)
Khorlo Tours & Travels (P) Ltd is Authorised Agent of Gujarat Tourism, Goa Tourism, Andhra Pradesh Tourism, Telengana Tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Meghalaya Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism, Jammu & Kashmir Tourism, Tripura Tourism
We are associated with
- IATO – Indian Association of Tour Operators
- ADTOI – Association for Domestic Tour Operators of India
- TAAS – Travel Agents Association of Sikkim
- TAAB – Travel Agents Association of Bengal
- Sikkim Commerce House, 4/1 Middleton Street, Ground Floor, Kolkata 700071
- Whatsapp: +91 9477476376, 9831095234
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Website: www.khorlo.in
Regarding Bank deposit please follow instructions as mentioned below:-
- ICICI Bank Ltd,Middleton Street Branch, Kolkata 700071, West Bengal
- Account Name: KHORLO TOURS & TRAVELS PRIVATE LIMITED
- Account Number: 355005000049
- RTGS / NEFT / IFSC /Code: ICIC0003550
Please check the rules of reservation & cancellation policy before booking.
It is mandatory to carry any of the Identity cards (Voter Identity Card / Passport / PAN Card / Driving License / Photo ID card issued by Central / State Govt /Adhar Card). Both these will be examined at the time of check-in.