Chilika Nature Camp (Odisha Forest Dept.)
Are you interested in jungle treks or birding? Looking for some wildlife, adventure or ecotourism? Visit the wonderful nature camps of Odisha. This is ECOTOUR ODISHA. Rajhans Island is a stretch of land separating the majestic Chilika lake from the Bay of Bengal Sea. Rajhans Nature Camp with Ten lake-facing luxurious tented accommodations(Swiss Cottage Tents with attached sophisticated toilets) is on Rajhans Island with Chilika lake on one side and Bay of Bengal on the other side. The nature camp is a perfect gateway for tourists who are looking for a stay in the wilderness of nature or a beach holiday or both. The nature camp is 45 minutes boat ride from Satpada (Satpada is 50 Kms of distance from Puri by road & 110 Kms distance from Bhubaneswar by road.). During the 45 minutes boat ride to Rajhans you can see groups of Dolphins diving & swimming up and down in the lake, a memorable watch by all tourists visiting Rajhans Nature Camp. Chilika lake hosts the highest global inland population of Irrawaddy Dolphins, currently the dolphin population in the lake is about 150. A 300 mtrs morning and evening walk from Chilika lake upto the Sea offers the visitor a whirl of new experiences and memories. Sports (Badminton, Volley) and Birding soaks your day with adventure and freshness. From thrills to solitude, away from the hustle of life, Rajhans Nature Camp is a perfect destination for beach lovers to forest travellers. From the nature camp through the Casuarinas forests on Island, you can see the Sun rising slowly on the east and in the evening after the sun set the view of glittering stars and the milky way is another incredible experience for the visitors. Whether you are looking for a vacation with family or friends or a day out in the wilderness, Rajhans nature camp is the place for you.
Chilika lake is a natural brackish water lagoon of marine origin spreading over an area of about 1100 km² in Puri, Khordha and Ganjam Districts of Odisha on the east coast of India. It is the largest coastal lagoon in India.
Chilika is the largest wintering ground for migratory birds on the Indian sub-continent which witnesses a fascinating global carnival of winged guests every year. It is also home to a number of threatened species of plants and animals.
The lagoon has been an important habitat for Irrawaddy dolphins. The current population of Chilika, about 150, is a globally significant population as it is considered a the highest inland population.
Among the wetlands of India, Chilika occupies a place of pride being the first Indian wetland declared as “Wetland of International Importance” in 1981 under IUCN sponsored Ramsar Convention due to manifestation of unique characteristics as shown by the fact that:
- — Over a million migratory waterfowl and shore birds winter here and more than 1% of bio-geographical population in respect of 45 species recorded in Chilika.
- — The lagoon serves as an important stopover in central Asian flyway.
- — Over 400 vertebrate species have been recorded.
- — The lagoon supports a unique assemblage of freshwater, brackish water and marine organisms.
- — Several rare and endangered species are recorded in the region.
- — The lagoon supports indigenous fisheries contributing to the livelihood of the communities and the lagoon plays great role in preserving genetic diversity.
Chilika lake has been declared as “Destination Flyway” by the United Nation’s World tourism Organisation (UNWTO) because of its natural treasure and bio-diversity.
Entry Fee Rs. 00.00 /- Per Day, Per Person Will Be Charged Extra.
|Location||Accomodation Details||Price / Nt / Room||Transaction Charges||Tax||Total Price Per Night / Room|
|Berhampura (Satpada, Chilika)||Comfort Room (AC)|
Suite 4 Rooms
|Berhampura(Satpada, Chilika)||Standard Room (AC)|
Suite 4 Rooms
|Rajhans Nature Camp||Double Bedded (AC)|
Tent 10 Rooms
|Mangalajodi Nature Camp||Double Bedded(A/C)|
Cottage 12 Rooms
How to Reach?
|From||To||Distance in Km (Approx.)||Journey Time (Approx.)|
|Bhubaneswar||Balugaon Via Khurdha||90 Km.||1hr. 50 min.|
|Satapada Via Sakhigopal-Puri||150 Km.||3hr. 10 min.|
|Mangalajodi, Tangi Via Khurdha||70 Km.||1hr. 20 min.|
|Berhampur||Balugaon Via Chatrapur-Rambha||80 Km.||1hr. 30 min.|
|Bhubaneswar||Balugaon||80 Km.||2hr. 30 min.|
|Puri||Balugaon||140 Km.||4hr. 00 min.|
Reservation: Khorlo Tours & Travels (Private) Ltd
- Approved Domestic Tour Operator of Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- Registered with Department of Tourism, Government of West Bengal.
- AMA of West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation (WBTDC)
- Benfish-in-Tourism Lodges (Approved by Dept. of Fishery, Govt of West Bengal)
Khorlo Tours & Travels (P) Ltd is Authorised Agent of Gujarat Tourism, Goa Tourism, Andhra Pradesh Tourism, Telengana Tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Meghalaya Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism, Jammu & Kashmir Tourism, Tripura Tourism
We are associated with
- IATO – Indian Association of Tour Operators
- ADTOI – Association for Domestic Tour Operators of India
- TAAS – Travel Agents Association of Sikkim
- TAAB – Travel Agents Association of Bengal
- Sikkim Commerce House, 4/1 Middleton Street, Ground Floor, Kolkata 700071
- Whatsapp: +91 9477476376, 9831095234
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.khorlo.in
Regarding Bank deposit please follow instructions as mentioned below:-
- ICICI Bank Ltd,Middleton Street Branch, Kolkata 700071, West Bengal
- Account Name: KHORLO TOURS & TRAVELS PRIVATE LIMITED
- Account Number: 355005000049
- RTGS / NEFT / IFSC /Code: ICIC0003550
Please check the rules of reservation & cancellation policy before booking.
It is mandatory to carry any of the Identity cards (Voter Identity Card / Passport / PAN Card / Driving License / Photo ID card issued by Central / State Govt /Adhar Card). Both these will be examined at the time of check-in.
Pingback: OFDC ECO LODGES | Incredible India